NCS makes hiring easy for our Texas customers! We have you covered with fast, affordable pre-employment screening services. Our services are an excellent fit for any industry, including healthcare, construction, retail, food service,
hospitality, tourism, manufacturing and banking.
Advantages of using NCS:
- Competitive pricing with no account setup fees, no monthly fees and no contracts.
- Outstanding live customer service by phone, live chat or email.
- Automated email notifications when searches are complete.
- NCS is accredited by the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA) and the Better Business Bureau. Staff members are also PBSA Advance Certified. Learn more about
- No additional charge for adding multiple users to account.
- Applicant Management System lets you quickly order follow-up searches.
- Automated Pre-Adverse & Adverse Action Letters at no additional charge.
- Ability to email authorization form to applicant for digital signature.
- All web-based technology (no software to install).
- NCS owns the technology with the ability to adapt to customers’ needs.
- Frequent security and automation enhancements to improve the user experience.
Choose one of our featured criminal history packages for your employment, volunteer or tenant screening needs. Background searches include records from the Texas Department of Public Safety. Add on any of our individual services.
Please view our Services & Pricing
page for a listing of our products, pricing and turnaround times.
What may be reported on a record:
- Charge degree (Examples: misdemeanor or felony)
- Charge date
- Filing date
- Disposition date
- County where offense took place
How many years records go back:
- National Crime Search reports all convictions within 7 years.
With a few easy steps, your employees can schedule their drug screen at a collection site they choose at a time that is convenient for them. DOT testing is also available. Learn more.
Electronic Form I-9 & E-Verify Management:
This easy-to-use system guides and stores new hire Form I-9s online and returns E-Verify results instantly. Learn more.
Texas has no statewide ban-the-box laws. However, some counties and cities have adopted local laws, including:
- Austin – The law applies to public sector employers for the City of Austin, TX, and to private sector employers with at least 15 employees whose primary work location is within the city.
- San Antonio – This law applies only to public sector employers for the City of San Antonio, TX. Employers may not inquire about criminal history until offering employees a conditional employment offer. Read more.
- Dallas County – This law applies to public sector employers for Dallas County, TX. Employers may not inquire into criminal history on the job application. Read more.
- Travis County – This law applies to public sector employers for Travis County, TX. Employers may not inquire into criminal history on the job application. Read more.